Aimed at individuals who understand Social Media and have ongoing communications and engagement responsibilities and who want to increase their application of Social Media within their communications programmes and improve the effects and outcomes.
Attendees should have a good understanding of Social Media and a working knowledge of communications planning and delivery.
Building upon a good, working knowledge of Social Media. This course delivers a deeper and more comprehensive understanding of Social Media and how it can be applied effectively in ongoing Communications and Engagement.
This combined course covers the skills and techniques to enable you to build your understanding, confidence and competence across a range of Social Media platforms; and how to apply these skills and knowledge in effective communications and engagement programmes.
The topics covered include:
- Different use cases and ‘personas’; personal and/or professional
- Managing multiple Social Networks and Accounts
- Organically growing your Social Network and Reach
- Using analytics to gain insights and improve use
- Improved Content design and discovery
- Introduction message development, use of story structures and Social Media campaign planning.
- Introduction to Social Media tools
- Techniques and tools for Target Audience Analysis
- Sources of Intelligence and methods to generate Insights
- Delivering your ‘stories’ to different audiences
- Creating effective, multi-stage, multi-platform content plans
- Co-ordinating different digital platforms and programmes
- Creating engagement and communication pathways
- Aligning with non-digital activities
- Monitoring and evaluation and measuring effectiveness
- Creating and communicating social media and digital plans
An informative course, that has brought me into the 21st Century.
This has given me the confidence to go on Social Media and create a better story.
i3 Gen proved beyond doubt, by the content and delivery of the course, that even this #dinosaur can learn
An ideal course to learn how to develop and deliver a comms plan in support of Bde activity. I left feeling empowered.
Limited knowledge before course. Now I have the knowledge and skills to deliver real effects on operations.
i3Gen led a well-received and comprehensive staff training exercise on Information Operations for the NATO Allied Rapid Reaction Corps (ARRC) Joint Fires and Influence Branch. The combination of Civilian and Military expertise brought a wider perspective, enabling us to better understand and improve our Information Activities planning.
This course complements other courses available in other areas such as DDC, JIAG, and Forces Media Academy.
i3 Gen delivered a professional, engaging and highly effective day. The Social Media Training significantly improved my awareness.
Solid practical skills training delivered by trainers who have a depth of knowledge and experience in marketing and communications. As current social media practitioners, they also are fully up to date in this fast-changing discipline, not only in the civilian world but also within the context of Army Engagement & Communications.
Great introduction to the delivery of Social Media messaging.
This well-pitched course has given me the confidence to engage in Social Media.
This is not going away; it now provides too many strengths and opportunities to be ignored. Our organisation needs to understand the threats and weaknesses to overcome them. Let’s use this and more effectively move with the times.
If you have personnel who are cynical about the use of Social Media in the MoD, have them do this course. It will completely flip their outlook.
Paul and Ric are an engaging duo, who quickly grasped the nuances of our charity’s strategy and key messaging. Using this knowledge they were able to grow our Twitter following, and offer advice on how best to engage with these individuals.
Great to get a civilian perspective, presented in a military way, on a difficult subject with no right or wrong way to use. Far more confident!